Kick Off Assembly Date: Wed October 18th
Facts about MS:
- MS is the most widespread neurological disorder amongst young adults in Canada. It is most often diagnosed between the ages of 15 and 40, however MS can also affect children as young as 2.
- Canada has the highest rate of MS in the world. Every day, 3 families are diagnosed with MS, an unpredictable and often debilitating disease.
- Funds raised support our dual mission to be a leader in finding a cure for multiple sclerosis and enabling people affected by MS to enhance their quality of life.
- Since 1977, over 5 million students have read over 20 million books and raised over $40 million dollars for MS research and services.
Benefits of the MS Read-A-Thon:
- Supports curriculum based initiatives like Family Literacy Day and Character Development.
- Encourages students to practice and improve their reading skills while teaching children about multiple sclerosis, disability awareness and the importance of philanthropy.
- Teaches students about leadership and the importance of community involvement.
Please Note: You can sign your child up under the School Team on the msreadathon.ca page, if you prefer online to paper form donation.