Valentine’s Cookie Grams
1 FOR $1.50
4 FOR $5.00
10 FOR $10.00
Purchase by Thursday, February 6th
through School Cash Online
Freshly baked, individually wrapped
soft chewy chocolate chip cookies
– NUT FREE FACILITY –
Cookie Grams will be delivered to Homerooms by
Thursday, February 13th
Cookie Grams will be delivered to Homerooms on February 13th
Available for Purchase on
School Cash Online
Ends Thursday December 12
Candygrams will be delivered to Homerooms during the week of December 16
As the holiday season draws near, the Elkhorn school community is gathering together to celebrate the Joy of Giving on Tuesday December 10th, 2019! All Elkhorn students will be participating with their classes in the gym that day. Let’s help our kids to grow the spark of kindness and empathy, which all of them have.
This year, we will focus on giving back by working together to build hygiene kits, which will be distributed by the North York Community House, and other similar outreach programs. This endeavor will be in lieu of the usual 9 Days of Giving.
Each kit will contain items such as socks, hat, shampoo, body wash, lotion, lip balm, deodorant, comb, tissue and bag to help satisfy the basic needs of those individuals in need. As a personal touch, each hygiene kit will also include your child’s letter or drawing of hope for the person receiving the kit.
We need your gift to help all Elkhorn students help others in our community!
We ask for the generosity of all families to kindly donate a minimum of $10 per student to support the Joy of Giving this holiday season. $10 is the cost of the kit items. Your donation will enable ALL students at Elkhorn to build one hygiene kit for our community outreach. Contributions can be made on School Cash Online, by cheque (to Elkhorn SAC), or by cash (collected in school).
Parents, if you are interested in helping students build hygiene kits at Elkhorn on Tuesday December 10, please save the date and more information on times will follow.
We hope that you give generously and help us celebrate the Joy of Giving. Together, you, our students and the Elkhorn school community can make this holiday season a little warmer and brighter with love, hope and the spirit of giving!
Thank you for your continued support!
With best wishes to your families this holiday season,
To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with. – Mark Twain
Dear Elkhorn parents,
The teachers at Elkhorn are hoping to organize a school musical starring our very own
Elkhorn students. Your support is needed to make this happen. We all have different
talents and strengths, and working together we can help put on an amazing musical.
We need parents to work with the teachers in rehearsals for singing, dancing, stage
detailing, making costumes and props, creating flyers and posters, etc. In light of
possible teacher work-to-rule, parent support will ensure that rehearsals can continue
and the show will go on!
Any questions or suggestions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information visit the Elkhorn Musial 2019-2020 page
Tickets can be purchased through School Cash Online.
If you can help, please email us at email@example.com
The next Elkhorn School Advisory Council Meeting has been scheduled for
Monday, Nov 11, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. in the Staff Room of Elkhorn Public School.
All school council meetings are public and open to anyone who wants to attend. Childcare available.
FROM THE BAYVIEW VILLAGE ASSOCIATION
Traffic Safety in Bayview Village
Please slow down and protect the pedestrians and children.
What we can and need to do about traffic safety!
- Refresh yourself with the information that has already been posted in the media about this.
- Set the example and slow down, obey the speed limits. Maybe this will set the pace and slow down other vehicles behind you too.
- Watch for pedestrians and children crossing any street.
- You need to show your children the right way to cross the streets and what to look for to do it safely.
- Please do not park your vehicle in a no parking area around the schools to drop your children off. Get other parents and vehicle moving too. This create a block and hazard putting everyone at risk.
- If you would like a “Slow down sign” the link is here City of Toronto – Slow Down Signs
- You need to contact our City Councillor Shelly Carroll at Councillor Shelley Carroll, and ask for her support and action.
- Please contact our School Trustee, James Li, at School Trustee – James Li and make your concerns known and ask for his support and action.
- Call and report driving complaints to the police with their on-line reporting site site Toronto Police – driving complaint. For each of the above state you want to hear back from them with their plan and results.
- If you feel the current signs/paint are obstructed or placed incorrectly, etc. then let the above know, and also report it to 311Toronto 311-toronto-at-your-service.
- Shelley Carroll is hosting a Road Safety Town Hall on September 28 in our neighbourhood. Attend to hear what is being proposed and how it might affect our area.
- Mayor John Tory has been on the news claiming the transportation in Toronto is good. Let him know what is happening in our area, with examples, at Office-of-the-mayor
- Contact the Bayview Village Association at firstname.lastname@example.org to see what else you can do, letting them know the results of voicing your concerns.
United we are stronger and your elected officials will notice and hear our voices Let your neighbours know and get them involved too.
The CUPE labour negotiations have reached a tentative agreement. As such, all TDSB schools will be open to students and staff on Monday, October 7, 2019.
We would like to inform you that Elkhorn’s School Advisory Council election and meeting will proceed as scheduled on Monday, October, 7 in the staff room at 6:00pm. We look forward to seeing you at the meeting.
RSVP at http://eepurl.com/dKXcR6